Good communication is the result of a number of things happening together. Communication is:
How to listen so that others will talk;
How to talk so that others will listen;
How to understand so love can win.
Communication requires honesty, truth and understanding coming together so there is love and compassion present.
Without honesty there is no truth;
Without truth no understanding;
Without understanding no love or
Without love and compassion there is
Communication means having an open relationship to the past, present and future. This means you must be open to people by:
- Listening: Developing the ability to hear expecting to learn, increase your knowledge and strenghten your convictions and values.
- Good listening requires the use of feedback, mirroring and summarizing. Listening requires empathy. Step into their shoes for a minute.
- Speaking: Developing the ability to tell others what is going on for you inside.
- You must ask yourself, "Are my words true to my feelings, appropriate to circumstances and considerate of the other? Am I clear in what I say? Do they understand me?" Ask.
- Understanding: is to accept the other person as they are which helps free the other person to make constuctive changes, solve problems and realize their potential.
Absolutely everything begins and is carried along by communication. It is the heart and soul of man's relationship to man and to the planet.
We are back from summer vacation and visitors and all those wonderful things and are back to work. We hope you too had a good summer.We are looking forward to speaking with all of you again, Marianne Lütcherath and Bob Tewsley, Life Coaches and trainers in communications, relationships and mindfullness.®
Please remember to Tweet Us or Follow Us below. Thank you.