2) Mean what you say. - Part of being clear is to be certain that what you said you will do is that thing you do. Then do it! Do not come and say afterward “ Oh, I didn’t
3) Do what you say you would do when you said you would do it. – Always deliver what you promise, always! Never tell someone that you will do something and not do it, or not show up. No excuses please. We are all counting on you doing it and on time. If something goes wrong and you can’t do it, keep the other informed of the changes in your plans.
4) Apologize when you do something wrongly or make a mistake. – Everyone makes mistakes or does things wrongly. That is how we learn. When you make a mistake inform the others, apologize and ask for some feedback or support. Do not hide it. Most things can be fixed. Well, most things. Oh yeah, maybe most important here is do not make a big deal out of this. Do not.
5) Talk a lot less, and listen much more. – Less advice is good advice. People need others to listen and some feedback to let the others know you understand what they say. If they really need advice they can ask you.
6) Forgive and move ahead. –If you live your life with anger in your heart you will hurt yourself more than the other people. You will give up your power and a part of your life’s energy to other people. You will turn over control of part of your life to them. This does not mean to forget or suppress the past. It means to let go of the anger and hurt. Rather choose to learn from the incident. Choose love over anger and move on. Choose wisdom and live life with the kind of energy that you wish to experience yourself.
7) Every day do little things for others. – “Love is not to give and take but to give and receive.” This I know because I just broke the cup that it was painted on. Ouch! But do little things for others just because you choose to do it. Even better, can you do it without expectations?
8) Treat everyone with kindness and respect. – This is not easy to do, is it? We have had a lot of negative training in this area in our own family, from friends and our culture. Treating everyone with kindness and respect is important. You want to be treated kindly and with respect, right? So get on with it and be respectful and kind. What goes around comes around. People will begin to model and appreciate your kindness and thoughtfulness.
9) Encourage others and salute their victories. – People need to be recognized for the good they do and who they are. It is a kind of jet fuel for relationships when you encourage others and salute their victories.
10) Always give what you want to receive. – This is obvious but you are often in the pattern of assuming that things will just happen, That love just comes out of thin air, fairness is something you deserve, friendship just arrives and money is something you should have. Give love and you will receive love back, be friendly and you will receive friendship and give value and you will receive money or value in return. Once again, free yourself and give without expectations.
Thank you for reading and following us. We appreciate that.
Live, love and laugh, Bob and Marianne.
And Like Us or Tweet us below. Thanks.